Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Journey to the Unkown Begins

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” 

Out of the 7 billion or so people in this world, I am just one teenage girl living in New York City. And like most, my goal in life is to be successful. What successful means for me is a story for another time. For now, let's just say I have a Family Mission Statements list hanging in my hallway, and the first thing we decided to put on there is "Learn to be happy".

Here is my story

Don't worry! It'll be short since I'm only 15.

I'm a sophomore at Bronx Science High School who entered a class called Physical Science Research. This class is preparing me for the Intel competition I'd like to enter in my senior year, and it requires me to find a mentor to help me with my project. Luckily, I think I found the coolest mentor ever!

Unlike most of my classmates, I decided to venture off the path my teacher set us on; which was contacting college professors of colleges in our local area. Instead, I emailed Scott Hanselman, one of the VPs of Microsoft. He actually responded, which was really exciting! Hanselman referred me to Sara J Chipps, who is now my mentor. And like I said, she's the coolest. Intelligent, funny, and pleasant, she's quite the engaging person. I'm very excited and glad to be working with her; not only on my own project but hers as well! With that said, this blog was born to share my experiences with Ms. Chipps.


The moment I got into high school, I felt like my life was just beginning. From here to the rest of my school career, I am journeying towards a hopeful future, an unknown destination. And I am one who will grow to make the best out of this journey. I don't know where I'm going or where I'll end up, but I am going!

No comments:

Post a Comment